Monday, February 4, 2013

The White Collar's Folly

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/56/5636/93AMG00Z/posters/george-marks-man-in-full-suit-carrying-briefcase-portrait.jpg


Last night I sold my thoughts for a penny
to the beggar cross-legged on the side of the alley,
His confusion and bewilderment couldn't contain my folly
As I shared my insanity, quickly but slowly.

Successful was I, yet my greed was unholy
ambition, an ally, became my arch enemy,
I gambled and played, losing my life's worth sourly
until I was left high and dry with nothing but my cupidity.

So pray, do tell wise one who earns humbly
The art of your income that leaves you so giddy
The beggar wearing a grin, looked at me shrewdly
''You are a fool'' he said the ''answer is your folly!''




3 comments:

  1. hmm...ambition and life's mission..work-life balance crucial deliberations...weldone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rhythm.It'll make a good rap.#ThumbsUp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ife..and I agree..it sure will make a good rap ...hmmmm,maybe I might just make it that! Lol

    ReplyDelete