Monday, November 5, 2012

A Widow's Smile




Twenty five years was just yesterday
We were giddy in love, my heart raced
When you said 'Hello' 'twas like a golden ray
You asked me to be yours in words laced
Words coated with truth and forever..

Twenty five years of good and bad
Three boys, two girls with your kind eyes
In your words, you quipped 'Can I play Dad'?
but you did great, you never told me lies
As you stood by me with truth and forever..

Twenty five years is today
I stand here with only memories
I look at your face where you lay
A plastered grin on your lips of cherries
It's the last I'll see of you..till forever..




4 comments:

  1. hammed roman ajiboyeNovember 15, 2012 at 4:51 AM

    lips of cherries!!!! wow... creative use of words. lovely poem... good poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 years was captured in 3 paragraphs!
    This is classic and vivid.
    Kudos

    ReplyDelete